Hey everyone! We hope you will join us at this year’s Human Rights Archives Roundtable meeting at SAA, scheduled for Wednesday, August 13th, from 3:30 pm to 5 pm. (You can add it to your SAA My Sched here: http://sched.co/1hI5BG4.)
Here’s what we have planned:
- Welcome and introduction of current and outgoing officers
- Guest speaker presentations
- Barbara Lewis, Digital Initiatives & Services (DIS) Coordinator at the University of South Florida Tampa Library–Barbara will be speaking about the USF Holocaust and Genocide Studies Oral History Project.
- Max Rameau, Housing rights activist, campaign strategist, organizer, and author of Take Back the Land
- Trudy Huskamp Peterson, Chair, International Council on Archives’ Human Rights Working Group–Trudy will be speaking about the statement, Basic Principles on the Role of Archivists in support of Human Rights, recently shared with the archives community.
- SAA 2015 Program Committee presentation
- Update from our SAA Council Liaison, Terry Baxter
- Call for Jr. Co-Chair and Web Liaison nominations and elections
If you can’t make it, please follow our Twitter account @hra_roundtable, where we’ll be tweeting our meeting. We hope to see you there, though!